Okta cares about your health and happiness. But sometimes, everyone needs a little help with balancing work, family, and everything in between. That’s why we partner with Modern Health to provide an incredible benefit for your holistic well-being.
Modern Health, Okta’s employee assistance program (EAP) provider, balances on-demand digital tools with virtual coaching (and therapy, if needed). You set up the approach that best meets your needs. Your family members are covered, too, all at no cost to you.
How Modern Health can help you and your family
Modern Health provides support for many areas:
- Work performance—find coaching and support to improve productivity, leadership skills, work relationships, and professional development.
- Financial well-being—for example, when your student loan debt seems to take over, or you need help with saving for an emergency and planning for future financial needs.
- Help with life challenges—like, preparing for having a family, adjusting once you’re a parent, getting help with child care and elder care, and dealing with loss.
- Diversity and inclusion—to better to understand and overcome bias or find balance between your personal and work identity.
- Stress and anxiety—for when even small things seem really big and scary.
- Healthy lifestyles—to help you move more, eat healthier, and sleep better.
- Mindfulness and meditation—with techniques for managing stress, focusing, and meditating.
- Relationships—with your partner, friends, family, and dating.
Getting started with Modern Health
Take a confidential well-being assessment and go from there
You’ll complete a well-being survey, and from there Modern Health will deliver your personalized wellness plan, match you with the appropriate personal coach, and provide you with personalized links to the Modern Health digital library.
For example, if student loans are stressing you out, you may be linked with a professional coach who can help you set up a plan for budgeting, saving, and paying down your debt.
Connecting on your terms
Modern Health provides you with up to eight phone or video sessions with your coach. You also have unlimited access to your coach through text or email.
If your coach or your well-being survey indicates you have a clinical need—for example, you may suffer from depression—Modern Health will recommend a therapist to work with in addition to your dedicated coach.
As you get to the end of your covered sessions, you and your coach or therapist can work with Modern Health to determine the next steps for continuing your relationship.
Modern Health digital resources
Along with your coach, you’ll link to courses and hacks that take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.
You’ll also get hacks for your own needs—for example, to prevent work burnout and handle relationships with your coworkers.
Any information you provide through Modern Health tools or discuss with your coach or therapist is confidential. Your name, records, and other private information will not be shared with Okta.
If you, a loved one, or someone you know or work with is thinking about suicide or harming themselves or someone else, call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.