Your RSUs vest over a four-year period, while you’re employed with Okta.
RSUs have no value until vesting is achieved.
At vesting, the RSUs are “settled” in shares of Okta’s Class A common stock. As a result, if you satisfy the vesting period, you will receive shares, which will always have some value.
For new hires, 25% of a grant’s RSUs vest one year from the vesting commencement date. The remaining 75% vest evenly over the following 12 quarters. For annual or promotion grants, vesting occurs evenly over the following 16 quarters.
Vested RSUs are yours to keep without any conditions.
On the flipside, if you leave Okta before full vesting in a given equity grant, you forfeit your unvested RSUs.
Back to top