Automatic enrollment and coverage
You’re automatically covered with the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Business and Personal travel insurance
- Modern Health employee assistance program (EAP)
- Cell phone/internet reimbursement
- Bright Horizons child care and learning help
- Grayce caregiver support
You’re also automatically enrolled in the Okta 401(k) plan:
- After 30 days of service with Okta, the plan will set aside 4% of your pay each pay period on a pretax basis.
- You can opt out or change your contribution election at any time.
Enrollment in health benefits, voluntary life/AD&D, and flexible spending accounts
You need to take action if you want to enroll in medical, dental, vision, voluntary life/AD&D, and flexible spending accounts as follows:
If you’re new to Okta
- Benefits are effective on your hire date.
- Enroll at any time within 30 days of your hire date.
- If you miss your initial enrollment window, you’ll automatically opt out of these benefits, and your next opportunity to enroll will be:
- During the next annual Open Enrollment period, or
- If you experience an eligible qualified family status change (e.g., marriage, divorce, having a baby, your spouse’s/partner’s job changes).
- You can make enrollment decisions and changes:
- During the annual Open Enrollment period, or
- If you experience an eligible qualified family status change (e.g., marriage, divorce, having a baby, your spouse’s/partner’s job changes). You must make your benefits change within 31 days of the event.
- You can make changes to your beneficiary information at any time.
Note: Medical and Dental ID cards will be received within 7-10 business days after enrollment and coverage will be retroactive back to your hire date or effective date of change.
Need help navigating Workday? Go to the People wiki on Confluence for Workday enrollment guide and instructions.
Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- You have the opportunity twice a year to enroll—in May or November.
- You must enroll for the ESPP during its designated enrollment periods. Okta’s Stock Administrator will notify you when the window is open.
- If you miss the window, you’ll need to wait until the next enrollment period.
Enroll, register, or use anytime...
- Rightway Healthcare
- Bump Boxes
- Commuter benefits
- Identity theft insurance
- Legal assistance
- Auto and home insurance
- Pet insurance
- Employee Experience Marketplace
- Okta for Good
Your benefits decision checklist
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to your benefits. That’s why Okta offers you easy access to many resources and online tools to help you research your options and choose what’s best for you.
- Review the monthly costs for benefits.
- Speak with a Rightway personal Navigator. This service matches you with a personal health Navigator who can explain your options during your enrollment period and help you with important medical decisions and issues as you need healthcare services during the year.
- Verify your doctor is in the Blue Shield network.
- Consider the supplemental insurance benefits and protection plans offered to you—like extra life insurance for you and your family, auto or home insurance, pet insurance, and identity theft protection.
- Decide if you want to contribute to a flexible spending account or health savings account (if you enroll in an HDHP + HSA plan for medical).
- Connect with any Okta benefits vendor. You can contact any of our benefits vendors directly to ask specific questions about the plans and services they can provide you and your family.
- Decide if you want to increase your automatic 4% 401(k) plan contribution. The IRS allows you to contribute much more.
- Decide if you want to purchase discounted Okta stock through the employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). The window opens twice each year.